By Jacob Mirman, MD
At Life Medical we work very closely with each patient to develop our approach for treating their pain. We make sure that patients understand all the options and consider all the variables; then we work together to develop a treatment plan.
We offer many different modalities to treat pain. These modalities and the treatment types included in each are listed below. For an excellent overview of how we treat pain and some case study examples, please see the service page for pain management.
MODALITIES FOR PAIN AND TREATMENT TYPES FOR EACH:
- Internal Medicine. Medications.
- Physical Therapy.
- Infratonic therapy
- Spinal decompression
- TENS; Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Low Level Laser Therapy
For more information about our physical therapy treatments CLICK HERE
- Chiropractic. Many times chiropractic treatments lead to pain relief when the pain is due to misalignment.
- Acupuncture. Often acupuncture is useful in chronic pain situations and can help to relieve pain.
- Invasive Therapies/Injections.
- Chronic Pain Injections
- Nerve Ablations
- Trigger Point Injections
To call us to make an appointment CLICK HERE
- Regenerative Medicine
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Adult Stem Cell Therapy
- Other Similar Approaches
- Homeopathy. This type of treatment addresses the underlying imbalance in a body that if foxed helps the body heal the condition that is causing the pain. In some instances it is extremely helpful, in others it is not.
For more information about homeopathy CLICK HERE
- Psychology. Treatments and exercises prescribed by a psychologist can be helpful in keeping the mind from focusing on the pain and therefore help alleviate the pain.
- Medical Marijuana. At Life Medical we provide evaluations and certifications for patients who may be eligible for the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Program.
For more information about Medical Cannabis CLICK HERE
- Neuro Research Protocol. This supplement is good for any condition where pain is caused by an imbalance of the neurotransmitters, including fibromyalgia, migraines, inflammatory bowel disease and other similar conditions. It can also help to treat emotional issues like depression and anxiety which can compound any conditions causing the pain. By addressing the emotional and the physical sides, Neuro Research supplements can offer a very positive outcome.
For more information about Neuro Research supplements CLICK HERE
- Miscellaneous Alternative Methods.
- Transcranial Electrical Stimuli
- Magnet Therapy
- Medications and Supplements for Pain.
- PEA supplements
EXAMPLE OF THE TREATMENT TYPES WE OFFER FOR A COMMON INJURY; ROTATOR CUFF
Rotator cuff injury is a very common and painful condition. Most conventional medical practices will only offer “real medicine” in the form of medications and/or surgery options. This list below serves as a good example as to the large number of treatment options offered at Life Medical vs. a conventional medical practice. (Note: treatment types with * are commonly covered under insurance.)
Patients with rotator cuff injuries can choose from these treatment types:
- Physical therapy
- Low level laser light therapy
- Regenerative therapies (Prolotherapy and PRP)
- Acupuncture (palliative option)
- Medications (palliative option)
- Medical Marijuana (palliative option)
- Steroid shots
- Surgery if necessary