Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT, also called “Cold Laser”) is a light therapy method that stimulates healing at the cellular level. LLLT usually incorporates both Red and Infrared LED, as well as low intensity infrared (830 nm) laser. Life Medical utilizes the most advanced equipment, which is made by Meditech / Bioflex®.
The Bioflex® system is FDA-approved. It has been used extensively in Canada and in many clinics in the United States. Numerous studies prove its effectiveness for a variety of conditions. Treatment protocols are modified according to variables such as age, skin color and body type, ensuring predictable and effective treatments.
Our practice uses the Low Level Laser Therapy system to treat the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis / degenerative joint disease, a condition that results from wear-and-tear damage to joints, including: knees, feet, finger knuckles, and TMJ, etc. We have successfully prevented and postponed surgeries, such as knee replacements, in many cases.
- Acute and chronic injuries to joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles, and skin, etc. We have had success in healing rotator cuff tears (proven by MRIs), and have successfully prevented numerous surgeries for this condition.
- Local inflammatory connective tissue conditions, including: over-use syndromes, such as carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis / heel spur, tennis elbow, sprains, and strains, etc. LLLT has been approved in Canada for treating carpal tunnel syndrome and is covered by the National Health Service.
- Chronic non-healing skin ulcers and other dermatology issues.
- Cosmetic problems, such as stretch marks, etc.
- Numerous other conditions.
If you have a question about whether your condition may respond to LLLT, please call us at 952-933-8900 to reach our main St. Louis Park location.