Life Medical offers comprehensive integrative approach to pain. Pain is not a disease. It is but a symptom our body produces to alert us to problems. It is caused by a huge variety of issues, both physical and psychological. Effective approach to pain management must take into account all issues/conditions affecting the patient. First we evaluate each case and figure out everything contributing to the patient’s pain. An individual program to address all these issues is then formulated and put into action. Both conventional and complementary therapies can be used. Chiropractic, physical therapy, prolotherapy, homeopathy, acupuncture, psychology, medications and other approaches can be employed, some or all, depending on each case. When necessary, steroid injections and opioid drugs can be added, but we consider these modalities only as a last resort.
We try to avoid using shots and narcotics to control pain for our patients. For our patients we try to apply best practices and avoid using opioids. We utilize many different types of modalities to deal with pain which is consistent with our practice’s integrative approach to medicine.
Low Level Laser Therapy for Pain
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT, also called “Cold Laser”) is a light therapy method that stimulates healing at the cellular level. LLLT usually incorporates both Red and Infrared LED, as well as low intensity infrared (830 nm) laser.
The Bioflex® system is FDA-approved. It has been used extensively in Canada and in many clinics in the United States. Numerous studies prove its effectiveness for a variety of conditions. Treatment protocols are modified according to variables such as age, skin color and body type, ensuring predictable and effective treatments.
Treating the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis / degenerative joint disease, a condition that results from wear-and-tear damage to joints, including: knees, feet, finger knuckles, and TMJ, etc. We have successfully prevented and postponed surgeries, such as knee replacements, in many cases.
- Acute and chronic injuries to joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles, and skin, etc. We have had success in healing rotator cuff tears (proven by MRIs), and have successfully prevented numerous surgeries for this condition.
- Local inflammatory connective tissue conditions, including: over-use syndromes, such as carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis / heel spur, tennis elbow, sprains, and strains, etc. LLLT has been approved in Canada for treating carpal tunnel syndrome and is covered by the National Health Service.
- Chronic non-healing skin ulcers and other dermatology issues.
- Cosmetic problems, such as stretch marks, etc.
- Numerous other conditions.
If you have a question about whether your condition may respond to this type of therapy, please call us at 952-933-8900.
Providing Services at these Locations: